Oil Man Bush Jr. Says U.S. "Addicted To Oil"
Oil man Bush says U.S. "addicted to Middle East oil." How CREDIBLE is this?!
I cannot stomach listening to this man talk, but, I have just read the transcript of the State of the Union address, and I am sitting here, shaking my head in incredulity. This is the guy who went to war with IRAQ over OIL, and he is saying the U.S. is "addicted to Middle East oil."
How credible is this?
In my book, not very.
When Junior is delivering soundbytes in sentences of eight words or less, which is ALL he did in this address, he comes off as sounding slightly intelligent. But, take him off his script, and he cannot function. Tonight's example was the arrest of Cindy Sheehan in the Capitol gallery, was clearly designed to get her plenty of FREE PRESS COVERAGE. Ms. Sheehan is a smart woman, and she clearly knows what she is doing.
However, getting back to Junior's sentences of eight words or less, here are tonight's PEARLS OF WISDOM:
01) "America is addicted to Mid-East oil."
02) "There is no peace in retreat."
03) "Hindsight alone is not wisdom."
04) "And second-guessing is not a strategy."
05) "The state of our union is strong."
06) "Keeping American competitive requires affordable health care."
07) He urged Hamas to "recognize Israel, disarm, reject terrorism and work for lasting peace"
This last one was TEN WORDS! Whew!
Bush Jr. is an example of how even the slow and dim-witted can get good jobs in this country. You gotta love nepotism, eh?
The following source was used in the creation of this Kentroversy Paper . . .
C-SPAN State of the Union Speech Web Page (January 31, 2006)